Encouragement from a Curtineer!
Unlike my other UWA counterparts, I started school a week later.


I admit I had a minor tussle with my alarm clock on my first day but I managed to make my way to school on time. And boy was it good to be back! Although I go into uni 2 days a week, it’s a pretty hectic 2 days.

From my first lecture of the day to my last tutorial, I was receiving assignments and readings so fast I was shocked. Bam bam bam! I was running in and out of lectures and tutes with a growing bulk of work. I felt like dying miserably and I remember thinking, “It’s only the first week of school”.

Undeterred, I put it upon myself to do all my readings, start planning out my essays and to begin work on two presentations. However, I spent the rest of the week waking up past noon, failed to finish my readings, fell asleep yet again when I tried to plan my essay and settled into a bad mood. My brain refused to cooperate with me! I couldn’t understand why I was feeling so tired and unproductive.


I felt exhausted and frustrated at myself and I didn’t feel like doing my quiet time. During one of my ‘talks’ with God, I was suddenly reminded of this verse:


“God is my strength and power, And He makes my way perfect.” 2 Samuel 22:33

It made me realize something. During the entire course of the week, I had never once asked God to help me with my work. I thanked Him for the day He has given me, but I haven’t asked for His help. I saw how much I needed to rely, not on myself, but on Him and I was humbled by this verse.

It is not easy remembering to rely on God. As humans, we naturally try to accomplish tasks and feats on our own before admitting we need help. Yes, God did bless us with our own natural talents but we have our shortcomings as well.

It is very easy for us to fall back onto our own strengths to get the job done, but it is also important for us to ask God to strengthen us because our human power can only last us for so long; whereas God’s strength is eternal.

There will be times where we feel we can:
  1. Handle our personal issues 
  2. Complete that assignment 
  3. Conclude that arguement 
  4. Rule the world (just joking
But seriously, when you encounter situations such as these, what is your first response? I won’t lie. My first response is to see how I can handle the situation. I find that after a while, I tend to burn out. I too need reminding that our Lord is our strength and provider. He can carry all our problems for us.

“but those who hope in the Lord, will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint”. Isaiah 40:31

“Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” Matthew 11:29-30

It does not mean that God will snap His fingers and dissolve your worries for you instantly. No; instead, He will supply you with sufficient strength and energy for you to overcome whatever your circumstances.

Let us not carry our burdens alone by ourselves but instead, surrender it to the Lord our provider; Jehovah-jireh.

Written by blog writer, 
~Fel~


Have a question or suggestion? Email us at uwalive@gmail.com!
0 Responses