Search For A Star 2010
Blasting speakers and a deafening roar from the audience was the first thing that overwhelmed me when I first stepped into the hall. I was attending my first Search For A Star event and mind you, I had a blast!


The hall was filled with an exuberant crowd! Each and every person around me seemed to be filled with sheer excitement as they cheered for their friends throughout the night at the top of their lungs (even though I was very certain the performers wouldn’t be able to hear but still!), or maybe they were just too psyched by the lineup of performers! The excitement soon rubbed off on me and got me all hyped up as well, and the night was only just about to begin.


Performance after performance. Nothing can express my sentiments better than WOW! I was bowled over by everyone on stage that night. From singing to dancing, acting to performing, every single person that went onstage was fantastic! My favourite of the night however, was probably the duet performed by Untamed and Co. Their cover of ‘Forever’ meshed with ‘Teenage Dreams’ was just brilliant! I loved the vocals and harmonizing. It was plain beautiful! I was also deeply impressed by pastor’s daughter; Renee, when she was dancing with FuZion! It was so adorable, and at such a tender age! Her boldness and confidence is to be admired.



I believe that every performer onstage that night was out to shine, not for them but for the Greater One.

For me, attending the event brought 2 Timothy 1:6 back to remembrance.

“For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. “


I firmly believe each and every one of us is blessed by God with a certain gift. It can be playing an instrument, singing, dancing, acting, writing, or even in areas that are not often in the spotlight such as the backstage coordinators, the lights team, projections, and sound etc. The gift varies but one thing remains the same - that God has blessed each one of us with at least one skill. More than just having the skill, Paul emphasized that we need to fan the flame of this gift which we have. Just as the fire grows bigger when we fan the flame, when we work hard at something and hone our skills, we also get better at them. We polish our skills in order to build up and strengthen the church body. While at it, we begin to realize our interdependency and build each other up, in order to ultimately, SHINE for Jesus! In light of Paul’s words found in 1 Corinthians 10:31, “whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God”. That’s right, anything for His name!



The performances that night were a testament of God’s gifts in his people. The performers, stage managers and every person behind the scenes had invested their time and energy to make sure everything was in tip top condition, all for the success of the night’s event! In the house of God, we have actors, singers, musicians, dancers, stage managers, technicians and loads more! It was a team effort that ultimately spread the cheer and joy of Christ to people in the audience like me. It was a job well done and a reflection of Christ’s work in His people!


The atmosphere that night was electrifying and the performances were just amazing! We were gripped by the lineup of performances but sadly, all great performances have to come to an end. After the event, I saw many people chatting, and I heard (no, I was not eavesdropping) lots of people offering words of encouragement to one another, commending each other and praising their good work.

Indeed, the performances were great, but God was awesome above all. I have seen how exciting our God can be with His people and the great things He can achieve through us. I am not sure what next year’s Search For A Star will bring, but one thing I’m sure of, is that God will continue to bless His people with gifts that can bring this show to greater heights!



Written by blog writer,
~SK~


Have a question or suggestion? Email us at uwalive@gmail.com!
0 Responses