A Word About Baptism
My walk with God has not been an easy one. Mostly because I’ve been avoiding God for the first 16 years of my life. I’ve always believed in our one true God; there was no reason for me not to. He showed His love through every answered prayer, however silently they were uttered and despite the little faith I placed when saying them.
Yet, I was like a stubborn, rebellious child refusing the love and concern of a father… believing that I did not need Him in my life.


Every time I share my testimony and the reason why I finally decided to get baptised only after four years of being a Christian, I always joke that I’ve let God wait for too long. This then implies that God is getting impatient with me and hence, being driven by guilt and fear, I hasten to seal this deal with God.

Of course this is completely inaccurate and will remain as an inside joke between my beloved Father and me. However, I do admit that I had my fair share of excuses whenever the opportunity to get baptised arose. “I’m not Christian enough…” “I’m still too young…” “There’s so much more I have to learn and areas where I can serve…” Inwardly, I was casting the spotlight on myself.

When ZPH held a baptism workshop last semester, I received a revelation of the significance of baptism. It says in Romans 6:4:
We were buried with Him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, you too may live a new life.


The symbolic act of being submerged into the water and rising up again signifies our new life in Christ. With that act, and through His grace and love, God has made us anew. Only He has the power to transform us completely so that we can live in the peace and freedom that can only be found in Him.

Our baptism is really a declaration of the glory of our Father.

It is not at all about us.

I understood, only four years after being saved; having had my life transformed and the countless miracles I had experienced, that I should be declaring His works, His goodness and His glory. With all the excuses I used to give to justify my delayed baptism, I was converging attention to myself, when what I should have been doing is to point others towards God.


And what better way to glorify His name than to testify of His goodness and works in my life? The water baptism gave me a platform to share of God’s awesomeness through my journey with Him. And when I began to focus on letting God shine, all the excuses and fears just vanished.

In John 3:30, it explains plainly,
“He must become greater, I must become less.”

I encourage all of you to realise that when we start thinking about what we can or cannot do with our current abilities, we’re stopping God from working within us. Allow Him to increase as we decrease, and we’ll begin to see His glory.

To date, has there been something that God has done in your life that compels you to testify of His glory?

Remember: it is not about you, it is all about God.

See His glory and share your story.

Water Baptism Service is this Saturday! Come and support our friend and fellow brother as he takes a life changing step toward the future. There will be many testimonies and you will surely be blessed! See you at the service!

Sat 9 Oct
10:30 AM
Lifestreams Christian Church
Cnr of Hay St & McNaab Loop COMO

Written by Blog Writer,
~Debs~

Have a question or suggestion? Email us at uwalive@gmail.com!
0 Responses