Tweet Tweet
I was just randomly scrolling through Facebook while taking a break from studying slacking and I saw something interesting. It was a screenshot of someone’s Twitter page and it looks something like this:


My first reaction was “Haha that’s quite funny”. My second reaction was “Omgosh God has a Twitter account!?”

So I proceed hastily to google up “almightygod tweeter” in hope of finding this account. And because google never fails, eventually I managed to find this twitter account, read all the tweets and finally found the original tweet:


And after reading all the tweets, to my horror the writer of this tweeter account is not God himself! In fact the writer was an ATHEIST!! Nooo….

Okay enough of my randomness. Obviously I’ve guessed that a Christian couldn’t have possibly created this account because it would be blasphemous to use God’s name. So it must have been some non-believer trying to make fun of God and Christianity.

But that’s not the point of me writing this blog post. The thing that I find interesting is the statement itself: “To most Christians, the Bible is like a software license. Nobody actually reads it. They just scroll to the bottom and click “I agree.”

So why did I find it funny? Maybe I did not consider myself to be one of the “most Christians” mentioned above? Probably, but the saddening thing is that the statement itself does have some truth in it. How many of your friends claim to be Christians but rarely reads the bible? How many of us clicked on the “I agree” button without counting the cost of carrying the cross daily?

I hope that our Church will not be in that “most Christians” category. Let’s not be a Christian just because all of our friends are Christians, it is very dangerous for us to do so. It will be very easy for us to fall away especially when our supportive Christian friends are not around us.

It is not enough for us to just read the bible once every week in cell and in church. There’s only so much the church or cell can teach you every week. We must make reading the bible part of our daily routines, then we can really be a bible based Christian.

Let’s read our bibles daily!

Written by Blog Counsel,
~Wilson~


Have a question or suggestion? Email us at uwalive@gmail.com!
0 Responses