Fight FROM Victory, not FOR Victory
Seriously, Life is tough.


I’ve lost count of the times I wished that I was a bird in the sky or a duck in the lake, you know, when there is not a care in the world. You live, you die, simple. No stress, no pressure, just plain living. But that’s not life, life’s tough. There are ups and downs, and all the in-betweens.

Being in college now, the thought of not knowing what to do in the future is killing me. I mean, I am one of those ‘planners’ where I plan every single day, sometimes (just for kicks) planning in a week’s advance. So the thought of ‘not knowing’ really drives me nuts. And the constant bombardment of assignments and tests (4 to 5 a week!) isn’t helping either. To top it off, I’m really stress-prone!

Well, you may not be exactly like me, maybe a lil’ ‘sane-ner’, but we all have those moments, where life just throws everything at you mercilessly and you feel like you’re suffocating. You kick and wrestle, desperate for a gasp of air, just one break from all the struggling - an escape from all this chaos please!


The most tragic thing is this – we start to feel that God ain’t grand in our lives anymore. God doesn’t appear to be real. I mean as a Christian, I know that my future is in God’s hands and that tomorrow will worry about itself. But during these moments when stress has blinded me, all these verses seem so …… hollow. I begin to doubt and be overwhelmed by my own reasoning and common sense. Fear begins to sip in as my worries and insecurities chewed up my faith in God. Disappointments like bad results start to appear as death. During these moments, God seems to become so abstract and unreachable.

But God is good all the time and all the time God is good ... TO ME.

One night, after a long study of Physics which had probably shortened my life by a few days (kidding XD, no seriously), I took up Joseph Prince’s ‘Destined to Reign Devotional’ book that has been sitting on my table for so long untouched. Then I came across this verse:

“Put on the whole armour of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil” (Ephesians 6: 11). 

Yea yea, I know, you are thinking, what has the devil gotta do with any of this?

But the key word here is neither the devil nor the armour of God, it’s the word ‘stand’. Yes, STAND! All God is asking us to do is to STAND, not wrestle, not challenge, and definitely not suffer! The word ‘stand’ implies that we are fighting FROM victory ground, not FOR victory. It’s amazing how God could use ordinary words to reveal extraordinary revelations.

Victory has always been ours since the very moment, the very nanosecond we believed that Jesus Christ was the Son of God. For it is written:

No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. (Romans 8: 37)

What’s even more awesome is that we already have everything in Christ! This is proven in 1 Corinthians 3: 22 – whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas, or the world or life or death, or things present or things to come—all are yours.

So, after reading this, I found myself asking, why on Earth am I struggling when victory and everything in the world already belongs to me? After this revelation, I could practically feel the weight lifted off my shoulders and I could actually … breathe.

In today’s society, many feel entrapped and imprisoned by oneself. But there is a particular group of people, who are going through what I had experienced. They are being locked with chains when the key to these locks is in their hands, the key being Jesus Christ. As you might have already guessed, this group of people are the Christians, the chosen ones of God.

Are you one of them?

Well, I was one of them, but am no longer one because I’ve received the revelation!

My friend, you are victorious in Christ, yes, even right now as you’re reading this. We, as the children of God, are the salt and light of the world. So, if we are not living a victorious life, what difference are we to them? For us to be victorious and successful in life without having to slave over it, is something that shouldn’t be taken granted for! Our Abba Daddy has sent His only begotten Son to die on the cross for us, so that we may be free of all bondages, including stresses in life!

So, I would like to challenge you today, to take this step of faith, to live a victorious life, to be a history maker. Whatever life throws at you, return to basics, return to your first love. Our loving Papa wants nothing but the best for us. Life is smashing and victorious with God on our side.

Seriously, life rocks!!

Written by Blog Writer,
~Julia~


Have a question or suggestion? Email us at uwalive@gmail.com!
0 Responses